Edit: This position has been filled! Thank you for your interest.
We’re hiring a Part-Time Marketing Media Manager!
Are you looking for a gig you can do from anywhere, at (almost) anytime?
Where you’re empowered to do what you think is best, without needless micromanaging, but are also supported and collaborated with when needed?
Do you have at least some social media, website, and/or graphic design or marketing experience – creating posts using tools like Adobe Express or Canva, managing comments and DMs, collaborating with influencers, and writing blog posts?
Are you already a SewTites fan and familiar with the quilting and sewing industry?!
<<< **MAJOR bonus points for this one!**>>>
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
We’re hiring a Part-Time Marketing Media Manager to help us keep tabs on our social media and marketing content – we always have good intentions and lots of ideas but aren’t great about executing (as you can plainly see!).
We need YOU to save the day!
The SewTites Marketing Media Manager will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with founders to create and manage a marketing content calendar, then executing it
- Execution will include:
- Creating and posting 1 to 2 social media posts (images and verbiage) per week on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn, and YouTube (when applicable) - potentially also Pinterest, though we don’t have an account there yet
- Responding to social media comments and direct messages promptly (within 24 hours on weekdays)
- Reposting tagged content to stories and sharing/reposting to feed within the content calendar when appropriate
- Collaborating with influencers/affiliates when necessary to create desired content - i.e. if a video needs to be created to show people how to use SewTites for a certain application, reaching out to and collaborating with an influencer to execute
- Writing and posting blog posts on our Shopify website 1 to 2 times per month
- Using Mailchimp to send blog posts/relevant content to our email list, also 1 to 2 times per month
We expect this role to be about 10 hours per week, give our take a few, to start, but we really don’t care how long it takes you, just that you get the work done. Pay DOE.
We’ll help train you on what you’re not experienced in and enroll you in at least one, if not two, online marketing courses that align with our marketing philosophies (storytelling marketing) to help equip you for this role.
As we grow, we anticipate your workload and responsibilities to grow as well, if you desire. If not, we’ll hire someone else to do what you don’t love. We’re a ‘people first’ organization – meaning, we won’t treat you like you’re replaceable or shove you in a box to do whatever we tell you to do – you’ll always have the ability to change and grow your role as you see fit.
We’re an equal opportunity employer who cares about diversity and inclusion, and we think you should too. Not only that, as a part of our mission to empower people to #livemagnetically, we donate 5% of annual profits to our hometown high school’s FCCLA chapter, helping kids learn leadership skills (and sewing!) on their path to adulthood.
If this sounds like a job you’d love, send a letter of interest telling us why you think you’d be a great fit for the role, along with links to or a portfolio of samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a resume, send that too. This position will be open until filled.